Forrest Gump was a classic. A great movie. A great book first, by Winston Groom. It’s been such a cultural icon that I don’t even know where to start. The truth is, this story continues to inspire me whenever it comes back to me. Such a motivator. Even when I have a difficult day or something unpleasant happens, just a picture or a melody of the Forrest Gump Suite always soothes me. It gives some hope and puts a smile on my face, even just a small one.
Here’s what you can gain from this story (either you read it or watch it):
1. No matter the beginning, the ending is what counts. Wherever you begin, whatever your baggage is, you can live a remarkable life. You never know, what’s gonna happen tomorrow, your life can change in a day…
2. Your IQ has nothing to do with your wisdom. These are two separate things. In a similar way that broad knowledge does not automatically make you wise. Only if you use it wisely. As Forrest said,
Stupid is as stupid does.
3. Life is a box… Oh yeah. I had to include that one. You probably know it well already, nevertheless it’s still working and simplistically philosophical. So, I am going to quote it here:
Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.
If we truly lived that way, instead of worrying too much and craving too much, we would be much happier. If we don’t know, what’s to worry about? You get what you get.
4. Sometimes true love is what remains after all your desires are gone… Sometimes it is closer than you think…
5. Just a quote:
I’m not a smart man. But I know what love is.
6. If there’s anything stressful in your life, take this one simple advice:
Run, Forrest, Run!!!!
Running can lower your blood pressure. You will breathe more powerfully, bringing more oxygen to your tissues; it can prevent a heart attack. It can do many more good things for you. And take you out of your daily issues and stresses. Not enough benefits? Listen to this:
Happy listening/reading/watching again and again… and again…